590 LOGIC ORDINARY LEVEL SYLLABUS
Cameroon GCE O Level Logic syllabus 590. Ordinary Level Logic is designed to train the students in certain fundamental concepts and processes in which the power and applications of logic are emphasized through an introductory study of both traditional and modern Logic. It is also an indispensable tool for reasoning in all academic disciplines and day-to-day living. As such, it serves as a prerequisite for Advanced Level Philosophy.
The Aims of teaching Logic at the Ordinary Level are to:-
- Develop in the learners the necessary tools and techniques of acquiring and developing critical thinking skills.
- Introduce learners to the knowledge and understanding of some central concepts and procedures in Logic.
- Enable the learners to acquire the ability to organize coherent explanations and arguments.
- Introduce learners to the knowledge of, and the ability to identify fallacious reasoning.
- Enable the learners to improve on the correct and effective use of language.
- Introduce the learners to the basic rudiments of Symbolic Logic.
Cameroon GCE O Level Logic syllabus 590